Italian language courses
USI Università della Svizzera italiana offers Italian Language courses during both autumn and spring semesters. All of the non Italian-speaking students, researchers and professors are invited to participate free of charge.
During Autumn Semester 2016 the programme is organized in twelve modules:
- Preparatory intensive course at absolute beginner level A1 (two weeks)
- Preparatory intensive course at elementary level A2 (two weeks)
- Preparatory intensive course at intermediate level B1 (two weeks)
- Absolute Beginners course (A1)
- Beginners 1 course (A1-A2)
- Elementary 2 course (A2)
- Spoken interaction 1 (A2-B1)
- Intermediate 1 course (B1)
- Intermediate 2 course (B1 - B2)
- Spoken interaction 2 (B2 - C1)
- Intermediate - advanced course (B2)
- Advanced course (C1)
For further information please download the pdf files below. The application is online.
Please notice that the course is open to USI's students, researchers and professors only.
Università della Svizzera italiana also offers an official Italian language proficiency test twice a year in cooperatin with Società Dante Alighieri in Italy. The PLIDA Certificate attests competence in Italian as a foreign language according to a scale of six levels. The levels advance from A1 to C2 in progression of difficulty and correspond to the levels established by the Council of Europe. For more information, please visit the webpage: http://www.usi.ch/en/esami_plida.htm.